Friday, July 06, 2012

Forgotten

Thanks to Molly at DeepBlueRenegade for the header!  She's awesome and smart, and I'm not just saying that because she designed a rockin' header for me.  She really is.  Go check her out.  I also realized that I forgot a WIP yesterday:


It doesn't look like much now, but it's most of the Koguchi Shawl from The Whole Nine Yarns blog, designed by JennaB.  I just have the edging to go on this side, and then I have to finish the other side with chart 3 and 4.  Once that's finished, I can block it.  There's a reason you block lace: it makes it MUCH prettier.


Thanks for coming by and seeing what's happening!  I plan on posting an update on the Crossover Lace Sweater at least once a week, as part of the Luvinthemommyhood WIP check-in.  




I got some unexpected time today to work on it.  I was going to take my Christmas in July WIP with me, but I left it at home!  So, I got to finish another repeat.  I'm now up to 5 inches on the sweater back, and should start the shaping, but I still want to add another 3 inches to the bottom.  Hopefully, leaving details on the blog will help me remember when I start the sides! :)  We're having a good time.  Tomorrow, I'm picking up these two books from my LYS:





They are WONDERFUL books.  The encyclopedia is by Robyn Chachula, and is better than any other stitch dictionary I've seen.  The Curvy Girl Crochet book has some really good crochet sweater patterns, although personally, I'd change up the yarns.  Some of them would be better in a thinner yarn, with a smaller hook, which of course would change the gauge.  But the concept is there.  At any rate, it's a step in the right direction.

Maybe, just maybe, I can post tomorrow another picture of Christmas in July progress.  Have you guessed what it is yet?  Yes?  No?  Maybe?  Take a guess!  What are you working on now?



1 comment:

deepbluerenegade said...

Thanks for the call-out Laura, I really appreciate it.

Molly : )