Monday, July 02, 2018

Busyness for us

I specifically did not plan much this summer. I wanted to relax. Ha - the joke is on me. It seems each week is filled with some sort of adventure. We have gone to the zoo, had eye appointments, visited the library, had a birthday party or two, gone to a friend's house or two, and just run errands. Nothing seems to ever really slow down. Recently, I had to change out the children's clothes, and clean out their room. Now the living room is piled with clothes and toys in various containers. I am still working through all of it.

Fortunately, I still try to make time to do a few other things, like read and knit. I have finally gotten the Milkrun Shawl back to where it was before I started over.

I didn't intend to do this, but I did just start the book 1776 in audio book form last week. Ironic, but appropriate. I have new glasses (picture soon, I promise!) and I think I have a priority list for projects. I will finish the Milkrun shawl, then finish the Cosy Stripe afghan, and then do Little Man's Dragon. I hope that will end in August, and then I can finish my V-Neck Boxy, Little Man's afghan, and maybe start on the Princess's afghan. I also need to work on the 2 unicorns for the girls. I have Jane's Ubiquitous Shawl in the wings, as well as Fading Point. All I need is time, right?

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Milk rerun

I found my stitch count was off on my Milk Run Shawl, so I frogged it. I also had decided I did not like the beginning, so I wanted to fix it. The problem is there is no fixing what I don't like. At least, not to my knowledge.

The first picture is of the starting point; the ridge is my complaint. I do not know if that has to be there, as a result of picking up stitches, or not. The second picture is where I currently am. I have a little less than half back of where I was, which was probably about half of the shawl body. I hope to get back to where I was soon.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018


This has been a busy, crazy year so far. Everything has blossomed and gone wild. Life was supposed to be lazier now, but it is not. I have lots of projects still going. Nothing is done.

I am currently working on my Milk Run Shawl, in a lovely lavender shade of Rowan Pure Wool Worsted. I should probably be working on something else, like a dragon, socks, one of the many blankets or sweaters I have started, but for now, a shawl it is.

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Spring, sort of

Spring has sprung, finally. More like summer lite, as we usually bypass spring here in Georgia. I managed to get startitis, and am swatching for a top for myself. I chose Buttercup, as it would be something different. I ordered yarn, since digging through my stash is not the easiest (being packed in boxes in a storage unit).

Recently, I have been book-obsessed. That works, as my children reap the benefits. I have bought a couple of boxes of books, and am reading on my own and to my children. I have also been working on embroidery pieces. I bought one yesterday (see picture below). I haven't decided yet what to do, but have lots of options.

Spring is in the air!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Newish things

I still have not finished anything. I did recently make more progress on Little Man's dragon. I am up to about row 15 on the body. Last weekend was a mess, which was good and bad. The bad news was our car's transmission went out. The good news was we found a new (to is) vehicle that will comfortably fit us all.

This one was financed, with a decent down payment. Not a perfect scenario, but definitely better than not having any vehicle. We are still trying to see if the old one can be fixed reasonably. Having two vehicles would be helpful.

In other events, ever start off thinking something was a good idea, and it was at the time, but then after it was all over, you realize it wasn't such a great idea? Yeah, I just did that. Being frustrated and depressed affects your judgment. Don't allow yourself to purchase self-help coaching during that time. I haven't finished all the "bonus" material, but it was not worth what I paid. Encouragement is great, but you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Thursday, March 08, 2018


I am trying to just keep working on things. Every step forward seems like minor progress, and once in a while I move back instead of forward. I keep trying though.

Measuring or limiting what I am eating is having a slow, but positive affect. I may not really be losing any weight, but my acid reflux has diminished. I plan on pushing forward with eating smaller more frequent meals and drinking more water.

Making has been taking a backseat to many other activities. It seems this month everything is happening all at once. Spring and winter are battling for control, and life is busy. Nothing has been completed yet, but still I push forward. Staying positive at times is difficult, but faith and trust persevere.