Thursday, July 26, 2012

Discoveries

I haven't given up completely on the Crossover Lace Sweater, but almost.  I have to figure out how to deal with decreases in a lace pattern.  There has to be some way to get it together.  For now it's stuck here:


I managed to gently take out the first repeat of the lace pattern with the decreases - I wasn't really happy with them anyway.  I have some math to do and will come back to it.  Instead, I picked this little number back up and started on it:


It's the Playful Stripes Cardigan from Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting.  It's a sweet little cardigan for Princess, and I've been working on it since September of last year.  It got put down for Christmas knitting, then school stuff, then other deadlines, and now I've picked it back up again and I'm almost through with it.  I did have to rework the yoke (what you see here is after I ripped back to the first decrease I had made, to move it up, since I hadn't really reached the 2.5 inches the pattern called for).  It really helps to read directions some days.

Today, I had an adventure.  My wonderful hubby took me to an alpaca farm.  It's called Adonai's Alpacas, and it's local here in Georgia.  Here is one of the first sights to greet you at the farm.


It was really humid, and the camera fogged up, but that little guy is Job.   He's a cria, just about 6-8 months old.  He was extremely friendly, but he didn't care for you to touch him.  Here are a few others:





This one is Beauty.   I'm pretty sure she would have come home with me, except we couldn't fit her in the trunk.  She came right up to me, let me pet her, and then she gave me what I assume was the equivalent of a hug (she rested her head on my chest).  She was obviously sweet and very friendly as well.

The females were more genial than the males, but they were still sweet nonetheless.  Unfortunately, the lady who runs the farm (Nicole) was on vacation, and so we didn't get a chance to check out the fleeces and yarns.  Her husband (Hartwell) was wonderful enough to give us an early morning tour (around 8 a.m.).  It was a lovely farm, and expect to hear more about them.

No comments: