Monday, July 09, 2012

Almost done

I'm almost done with the Christmas in July pattern.  I say "almost" like in 30 minutes I'll be done.  Ha!  That's wishful thinking.  I'm almost done with the main part, and then there's the finishing.  Here's another picture for you:


Can you tell what it is?  Check out a close up of the stitches:


I'm still learning on the camera, but I think I'm doing pretty good, all things considered.  I'm using this book:


to help with the finishing touches on the project.  So, have you decided to come to Christmas in July yet?

Here's another quick announcement: July 27th, Helen, GA - I decided to have a meet-up.  If you can make it, please come!  Hopefully it won't be too hot (we're meeting at 10 a.m.) and we can move indoors to the coffee shop (I doubt they'd have a problem being invaded if we buy something to drink!).  Helen offers some great diversions from Atlanta.  There's all kinds of fun things to do: horseback riding, tubing, shopping, great restaurants, and a relaxing atmosphere.  It's a whole lot of fun, so if you've never been, or it's been a while since you've been, or you just went, please come join me!  I look forward to seeing you.  What occupies your time this week?

No comments: