Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Starting Over

I decided to cut my losses with the bird, and start again in the round. I got a little overzealous with increases, so even that has to be started again. I'm going to hopefully get more done on it tonight, after starting it AGAIN (third time's the charm, right?).

I've been listening to Cast On, and I have to say I'm hooked. I can't say I agree with some things on a personal level, but it's a good eye-opener to the knitting world. I know, I'm a little behind on the whole podcast thing, but hey, better late than never, right? At least I've joined the land of the listening. When I went to the LYS this past weekend, I felt like they were slightly behind the times and weren't up to speed with some of this stuff. I admit I'm not on the cutting edge, but I figure that if I know about it, surely everyone else has already plugged in. I know they have a website, and it's not too bad. I think there could be a little more as far as a website goes, but eh, it's not my project, and I didn't do it. Oh well...I guess I also don't have room to criticize; however, I'm not running a business either. A well-designed webpage in this day and age can go a long way in promoting your business. I'm just saying.

I also keep hearing about Ravelry, and I am thoroughly intrigued. I hope either I get an invite soon or it goes public. I'm dying to check it out!

No comments: