Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One (and a half) left to go...

I have all but the last two squares complete. It's been a long week already but I should be able to finish both tonight. Once that's done, it's simply a matter of sewing them together, and doing the edging. The weekend should be good for that.

I've been contemplating making a sweater out of Cascade Eco+ wool. Has anyone else used this for a sweater? I'd hate to make one and have it be scratchy. That's my general concern. That, and that my wonderful hubby will mistakenly wash and dry it, causing it to felt, or my son spitting up on it and ruining it. The bonus of it is the yardage that you get. 478 yards can go a long way. I still have the other sweater and bird to work on. This is an idea for another sweater later. I've been thinking of using an Alice Starmore pattern for my purple sweater that has to be re-knit. I also have several repair projects, one of which is a wool sweater, to do. There is a lot to do in the world of home.

I've been working on children's choir stuff as well. We're getting ready for our Christmas party on Sunday. I have candy and cookies to make, and some decorations to dig out. If only there was more time in a day...I might just be pulling some late nights to get stuff done. Can someone pay me to sit at home and do housework?! That would be nice. I still think there should be a provision for women who WANT to stay at home with their children, and the government should pay. Our government wastes plenty of money; surely they could use it for something that would HELP the society, educational system, and moral fortitude of our country.

No comments: