Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New developments

Well, I have decided to put the bird on hold, until the weekend. Instead of that, I want to get all the squares for Sebastian's afghan done by Friday. I've completed 4 out of 16 squares. This challenge means I'll have to do about 6 squares today and tomorrow to finish the last 12. That equates to about 6 hours each day. Can we say "over-zealous"? I did find the cable for the camera, and now have a picture of the bird and his companion.


I got a better shot of his friend, the owl with the book, rather than him in this one. The owl is in fabric, and that might be a hand-sewn design later.

Here's the little one I noticed. Granted, the yarn I'm using is a heavier gauge than this one, but I like the embroidery (I have TONS of floss that can be used). The eyes, glasses, feet, and beak are felt, and I think I'm going to knit them as well, using i-cord for the feet and glasses. Isn't it adorable?!

I'm hoping that my fingers will fly as fast as my brain in designing it. I frogged what I had started in the round, and started again. I might need to take it out in order to finish the afghan, since I'm using the same color for both (a lovely blue).

We're off to Birmingham this weekend, and I hope I can find a JoAnn's there. I think I might pick up a few things that are on sale. I'm also hoping to hit Wal-Mart and getting some fabric on the cheap. I'm looking for cotton or cotton/poly blends for some play fabric. I'm hoping to get out super-cheap.

No comments: