Friday, August 31, 2007

Knitting Ideas

Ok, so here's the thought. I'm thinking of using the yarn from a sweater I already frogged for a new sweater. It'll be a lovely shade of lavender, and I'm thinking of a long v-neck cable sweater. I know it sounds easy and simple, but it's going to be one of the fall fashions, and hey, why can't I be fashionable?! So, I think that's what I'm going to start on this weekend. It's going to take some design work, since I don't have a pattern and even if I did, I doubt it would go up to the size I need. I'm going to customize it for me, so it should fit well. Basically, I'm going to measure the majority of my upper body, create a swatch, and pray it all works out.

I started working on Sheldon for my friend's little girl to be born later this month. I lost count of my rows, and need to start over again. At least I have a pattern for that one. I think I'm going to re-print it twice, once for a notebook and once as a working pattern. Then hopefully I can keep track of where I am. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: