Friday, October 20, 2006

Ramblings and a Meme

Ok, so for some reason, if this doesn't turn out right, it's not my fault...the page didn't load right. In any case, I just had to sing the praises of handknit socks. I love them. I wore a pair I received from a Secret Pal exchange yesterday, and they felt fantastic. Today, I'm wearing the first pair of socks I knit. Here's the Meme. I yanked it from BoogaJ.

1. FIRST NAME? Laura

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Great-grandmother

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? This past weekend, when going through my grandmother's house deciding what I wanted to keep and what could go in the estate sale.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I don't particularly care for it, but I'm always voluteered to write things because it's "neat".

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I don't usually do a sandwich for lunches (or if I do, it's a Subway with chicken or PB from home), but if I had to pick one, probably ham or turkey. Odd note, if the sandwich isn't heated, before I finish it, it makes me gag.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'd like to think so...

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Does this and Livejournal count?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, even though for the past 10 years I've been begging for them to be taken out. Doctors can be stupid, even when you have constant problems with something.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I have seriously considered it; the price of the places I've seen is usually my deterent, rather than the jump.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? It was Apple Jacks when I was young; now I'd have to say Smart Start, although I wouldn't mind some Apple Jacks every now and again.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope, I slide them off and on, even tennis shoes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Well, I'd like to think I'm a lot stronger than I am physically, but I was rarely messed with in school, and if I stepped in to defend someone the other person usually backed down.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Absolute, all time favorite? No question or hesitation...Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.

14. SHOE SIZE? 10

15. RED OR PINK? Hmmm...tough question. Both for different reasons and seasons. For some things, red is exactly what's needed, but for others, pink is the better way to go.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Do I really have to answer this one? I guess so...probably weight.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandparents (deceased) and parents (still living - just not with me)

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Of course...anyone who reads it should post it!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue, blue, and blue/gray. Notice a theme?

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Lunch - cheap chicken pot pies

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Evanescence CD

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? either a shade of blue or green (so many choices...)

23. FAVORITE SMELL? My husband after a shower

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My hubby

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes and sense of humor

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Sure!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? It depends...I drink mostly water these days, but I'm always up for a good cup of juice, coffee, or something fizzy!

28. FAVORITE SPORT? To watch on TV, probably tennis. To go watch, probably football.

29. EYE COLOR? Blue

30. HAT SIZE? Smaller than I usually think it is.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Most of the time, but I read with glasses at night and there are days when I really don't feel like sticking my finger in my eyes.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Fruits and veggies, chocolate, baked goods, in that order.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings...I don't do scary movies.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, since the summer is so hot and sticky here.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs from non-relations, kisses from relations (particularly hubby)

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate, no questions!

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ??

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ??

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, again

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? my mouse (mouse pad is grey at work)

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Nothing actually.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Children laughing

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Utah

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Singing and knitting (not at the same time...although, I could...)

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? San Francisco, CA

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? See above.

No comments: