Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th!

Well, I couldn't resist the urge to cast on last night, so I cast on for the baby sweater I am supposed to make for a friend who delivered a couple of weeks ago. On the bright side, I should be able to finish the hat, cardigan, booties, and blanket by the time she gets back (around Thanksgiving) and they should be big enough that her son can still wear them. I'm making them in the 6 month size, so he can grow into them. It'll stay cold for a while around here, and the baby will still be 6 months during the winter. We sometimes get a cold snap in April, so it can hopefully still be worn then.

Now, I have to plan for my own munchkin's wardrobe. I'm still on the prowl for some perfect baby patterns for a blanket, sweater, booties, hat, just about anything. I still haven't found just the right one I want yet. I'll keep searching...anyone have suggestions? I might be hitting a Borders this weekend, and I might see what I can find there. I find all kinds of cute stuff for girls, but for some reason, boys are harder to find good patterns for. Oh well...I still have a good 3 months to get everything in order, and I'm sure I can make it all in that time, with some help.

No comments: