Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Making Progress

Since I couldn't resist casting on for the baby sweater, I worked on that this weekend, and again today at lunch. It's coming right along. Actually, since it's small, it goes rather quickly, even with the pattern in it. I should be able to finish it this weekend, since we're going out of town...again. Last weekend it was to visit my dad in Augusta and spend some time with him. This weekend, it's up to my in-loves. It's nice usually when I go out of town, because I don't usually cook or clean and can spend a lot of time knitting, even in the car, provided I'm not driving. This last weekend though, I did spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen. I fixed several meals, and let my dad keep the leftovers, since it's hard to cook for one person. We ate most of the food, but he had enough of different dishes for the rest of the week. It's nice to take care of a parent sometimes like that, since they did it for so long for you.

The blanket is at a stand-still, because I feel like it's so boring. I was excited to start it, but now, it seems tedious. Maybe it's just me. I have a good 6 inches done, but I feel like I'm never going to get through with it. I guess that's why I started on the cardigan. I'll take both this weekend, and I should finish the cardigan, and maybe I'll get inspired to work on the blanket again. Hopefully I can also get some batteries (or find the rechargables) and take some pictures.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the baby to be :) Thanks for the comments about my knitting stuff. I'll watch your blog for pics of yours...make sure that baby is born on January 14th and out sons will share a b-day :)