Monday, January 23, 2006

One down...

and one to go! I completed the first sock this afternoon during lunch. I was hoping to finish it over the weekend, but found it was too long, so I had to do some reconstructive surgery on it. When I tried to put the stitches back on the US3 needles, it didn't want to go. Since I was in Birmingham visiting friends, I had to wait to come home and get my US2's. The stitches went on easily today, and I used grafting to sew up the toes. I don't think I like it, but it was a good beginning for me. The grafting takes a lot of concentration though...NEVER attempt grafting while watching a movie you haven't seen before. You lose your place a lot.

Someone asked what yarn I was using for my socks...it's Fortissima Colori Socka Color. I think it's in color # 9074, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have chosen that color for myself (a secret pal sent it to me) but I LOVE it. The more I see it, the better I like it. I have found that when other people choose things for me, they hardly ever pick out something that I would (sometimes I'm just too practical) and I usually love it. The yarn is 75% wool, and 25% polyamide (whatever that is). I think they'll be lovely and warm.

I'm hoping to post some pictures tomorrow; long story short, I have to be careful what I do at work now, and so I'll have to take pictures at home, load them on the computer at work (since this one won't handle it, I think) and then email them to myself, check email at home, and post from here. It'll only be until I get a new computer (that's in the works...I found a good deal and just need to order it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your socks look great. wish i could get the way of socks into my head but every time i get to the instructions for the gusset, my whole body balks...lol you did a great job.
i am curious where in the world were you able to purchase a computer for $250???
Ren in cold northern California