Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Issues with set-up

I am having a few issues with some of my settings. I need to find the right links for the icons for Southern Knit Bloggers and for Knitting Blogs. For some reason, the links in the code don't work. Go figure. That requires MUCH more Html code than I know...which is none. I guess I should mess with it more and see what happens, but I'm at work, and that could get ugly. Although, I don't really think they care what I do just as long as everything gets done timely. It's now into my monthly lull, where I have virtually nothing to do unless they give me a special project.

On the knitting front, I can see my sock almost finished. I have about half of the foot knit, so it's just to complete the foot and then do the toe, bind off, and I will have finished my first sock (and it's about bloody time too). Then I just have to do it all over again. Maybe the second one will go faster, since I know more of what to expect. That's my hope anyways.

I have decided to try and find either a matching color or complementary color for the mohair. It's an odd shade of mauve that's near impossible to match, but I figure if all else fails, I can use a cream color to soften it. There's going to be a BIG order placed when I get to that stage. I still have to decide if I want to attempt the Lacy Mohair sweater from the Knit Simple magazine or not.

I'm coordinating a Secret Pal exchange on the Ample Knitters' list with at least one other person. That should be fun...as long as we can get stuff together. I hope that by the end of the week we'll have all the details ironed out about the exact method of operation and I can email the AK list. Once that's done, I hope within another week to have people paired off and get started. It sounds like a lot of work, but I'm not doing much around here, and I should have something to fill my time.

No comments: