Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stormy Weather

I'm currently sitting on my sofa, watching the dark clouds on the T.V. and listening to the thunder outside.  We're under a Tornado Watch and Warning - I never could get the two straight, but since both cover us, I'm not too worried about it.  It's kind of funny: I spent most of my childhood in Oklahoma, and they have tornadoes all the time.  From May to November, it's tornado season there.  I can remember the "duck and cover" position frequently at school, and faithfully participating in the drills.  Eventually in high school, when I moved back to Georgia, I quit getting in that position.  I figured that if the tornado was going to suck me up, I'd rather it not be bum first.  It looks like our satellite is having difficulties picking up a signal, so as soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going back to my sock.  I've thought about getting my wheel out and oiling her up and starting to spin, but I think I'm too lazy for that tonight.

I've finished the cuff on this one, and I started working the pattern.  I know - I should be thinking of that test knit, as it has a deadline.  I am, but to be honest, I'm hoping to score something fabulous at Stitches tomorrow.  I have a few places I want to hit, and I hope I can make all of them in an hour.  I feel like I'm going to run a marathon tomorrow, and I'm really excited.  And now it's raining.  I think it's time for the sock now.  And the Weather Channel.  Hope you stay safe and dry.

No comments: