Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

People have a lot of traditions for New Year's Day - like eating black eyed peas and collard greens (for money) and doing what you want to do on that day throughout the year.  Growing up, I had those traditions as well.  If today is any indication of what I'm going to be doing throughout the year, then here's what it'll look like: eating good food, playing with my children, working, and taking a nap.  It's not all bad - most of it is good.  I probably should have planned more things like more knitting time, although I did fit some in, working with my new spinning wheel, and some other things.  I should probably have taken down my Christmas decorations and cleaned, and undertaken other domestic activities to be productive.  It was rainy here all day, so outside activities were out of the question.

Yum!  Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

How was your New Year's Day?  Did you have great plans, or did you just lie around the house?

No comments: