Sunday, December 30, 2012

A New Year

Another year is ending.  A new year is beginning.  Many people take this time to look back over the past year, and look ahead to the coming year.  I am no different - except I'm probably looking back a little farther than just the past year.  The past two years have been really rough - those of you who know me personally know that.  I went from having a great job, or at least a good one, one that I liked to having no job, to having one that is far from perfect.   I went from being in the best shape of my life to the worst.  I went from being pregnant to having the most beautiful little girl who is a joy and a pleasure to watch and listen to and love.  I went from never being sick to being sick constantly.

I had my fair share of trouble the past couple of years, and now I have some health issues that are beginning.  I've been on anti-depressants, gained weight, and now have blood pressure medicine that I'm taking.  This is less to complain, and more to explain where I want to go.  In order to know where you're headed, you have to know where you've been.  So, now you know where I am, so my goals will make more sense.

I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, more goals.  Sometimes I start them in the middle of the year, or month, or just on a Monday.  Have you thought about goals?  Do you want to get healthier, explore a new location, or learn a new skill?  I'd like to do 2 of those - the get healthier and the learn a new skill.  I want to get off all my medications, which really should only take some diet and exercise. I also want to learn to spin on my new wheel.


I want to grow a great garden and cook and bake more at home.  I think it's healthier than anything you can buy.  I want to use what I have, and spend more time with my kids.  I want to clean up our house and yard, and build a playhouse for our kids.  


There is a lot I want to accomplish this year.  Getting a new job is also on my list, but I have less control over that one.  I have been close this past year, and got passed over for internal referrals.  It happens.  So, instead of trying to improve my career, I'm going to improve my life.  What about you?  Any plans for this new year?  It's a blank page, ready for you to write the next chapter.  

No comments: