Saturday, January 26, 2013

What To Do Next

I have an issue with my Oatmeal sweater.  See this?


It was marked as "Wool-Ease Chunky."  If it is, it's the loosest spun Wool-Ease Chunky I've ever seen.  It also had a brownish tint.  I started to mix it, alternating rows to use it.  I gave up after 3.


I took it out, and started with the new ball I bought.  I needed at least one extra one, as I was making it slightly larger than the pattern calls for, slightly longer than the pattern calls for, and I also wanted long sleeves, instead of bracelet length.  Does anyone say that any more?  Does anyone else even know what that means?  Bracelet length sleeves?  Just in case you weren't aware, it's that odd length between a 3/4 length and full length sleeve, right about where a bracelet would hit.  Hence the name. It was popular decades ago, probably in the 40's and 50's, when women dressed for dinner and wore hats and gloves in public regularly.  You weren't considered dressed without a hat and gloves.  I try to wear bracelets nowadays, but they get pilfered.   Princess loves them.  The other skein?  Well, I'm still in debate about that.  I'm thinking of making it into a hat.  It would be wonderful as a chunky cabled hat.  I don't know who would like to have it - do you?  How about a give away?  Leave a comment about something: what you're doing, what you like, what you don't like, if you prefer Cookie Monster or Rowlf, whatever, and I'll use a random number generator on Valentine's Day, and pick a winner.  Sound like a plan?  I've been very blessed recently, winning 3 contests within a month, and I'd like to share the blessings.  I'll let you pick - I can either send you the skein with a pattern, or I can send you the knitted hat.  No one is excluded; any country eligible!  Yay!

In other crafting, I wanted to make a simple skirt this month.  I know, it's sitting here almost at the end of the month, and I haven't even touched it.  Well, that's not completely true:


I brought it from the drawer it was stored in out to the table, and took this picture.  Isn't it lovely?  It's a gorgeous blue, with dragonflies in a lighter teal and surrounded with gold.  It's going to be a great looking skirt.  I also bought some blank canvases, and am coordinating with my SIL to use those for Little Man's room.  He needs a real boy's room, rather than a toddler room.  He needs a new bed, and he's getting a pirate theme.  It should be really cool once I'm done.  I'll show you pictures as it progresses.  In the meantime, I'm working slowly on cleaning the house, and organizing, and getting stuff to actually look like a home, rather than a house shaped storage facility.  It takes time, and that's scarce.  I know I'm not alone - everyone has their one room, or house, or place that just needs a little more work.  With 2 small kids, it's hard to have time to do what you need to do.  Someone always wants to play.  Playtime is always more important than cleaning with children.  I have painting, sewing, and more knitting to do.  Back to the sweater: it's not really working for me.  I tried it on last night, and it's too tight.  So, back out it goes.  I have some reading and planning to do, and see what I can do to modify the pattern a bit, and then move forward.  So much for having a warm big sweater soon.  I was hoping to just whip it out and be done.  Not so much now.  *sigh*  Oh well - more knitting to do, and that much I like.

I am also making progress on the shop front.  I have patterns that I need to revise and post.  It's going to take a little while, because although the patterns are written, I have pictures to take and I have some other techie type issues to figure out, and then they'll go up.  I'll keep you posted on that as well.

I'm also trying to take better and more pictures.  As a matter of fact, during the month of February, I'm going to take at least one picture every day and post it.  I may post those pictures only once a week, but expect more camera play time that month.  I'm finding the joy of manual focus.  You can do a lot with that, and I'm going to explore.  Lots of stuff going on here - how about you?


2 comments:

deepbluerenegade said...

The picture a day idea sounds really neat. I would have an easier time doing it in May or June, because at least there is more daylight then. Or I could do photos during lunch.

Molly : )

Unknown said...

What I'm doing? stressing about medical stuff that I know will turn out to be nothing, but I'm gonna stress anyways :-p