Friday, January 18, 2013

Then there was trouble...

It's been wet and rainy all week.  And then, yesterday, it got super cold.  Today, it's cold and there are patches of black ice out.  We're all going to take it easy and slow today.  I really would love to try this for today:


French Onion Soup Sandwiches
I bet they smell as wonderful as they look.  Currently, there is a cacophony of birds outside.  I'm not sure what they're chatting about, but I'd guess it has something to do with the cold and the end of the rain, and now the trouble getting to the worms in the ground.

Little Man wasn't exactly thrilled with his sweater at first, but he warmed up to it (no pun intended).  I haven't gotten him in it yet, but then, he's at home and warm enough.

I was trying to finish Gemini, but with the turn of cold weather, I want something big and warm and I want it now.  So, I cast on this last night:


I'm not abandoning Gemini, just setting it aside temporarily so I can be warm.  I think Gemini will be a good transition sweater (from fall to winter and from winter to spring).  So it can wait a few more days.

No comments: