Thursday, January 31, 2013

Contest and Congratulations

Yay me!  I have a new job!  Or will have, by the end of February.  So, in case you missed my explanation, I really am not suited for my current position, but have a new one coming up, and all will be well!  Yay!  Praise the Lord - all in His time!

Now, to that contest...I posted it, and only one person has commented.  Really?  Maybe it was too buried in the post, and it wasn't labeled as a giveaway, so now it is!  Leave me a comment on this post, and you'll be entered to win!  It's that simple.  You're now thinking, what could I possibly win?  A skein of yarn and pattern, or a handmade hat!  It's your choice, and it's that simple.  I have been extremely blessed this year so far (yes, I know it's only January, but it's been a great January!) and I want to share.  Please let me share with you.  On Valentine's Day, because we could all use a little more love, I'll randomly pick a winner, and send it off!  Really - I promise - no strings attached.  Just comment and you're done.  You can tell me what you love, what you hate, what your goals are this year, whether you prefer to dunk Oreos before you eat them or open them up and scrape out the middle, whatever.  Just please be sure to leave an email address, or a way to contact you, so I can let you know if you win!

Oh, and I will have pictures soon.  My goal for the month of February is to take a picture every day. It's going to be a month of photos.  I would also like to post them daily, but with the new job coming up and wrapping up the old one, I don't know that I'll get to post daily.  That being said, I can try.  This year is all about attempting something new, and being blessed.  So, I'm going to try.  That would be 28 posts for February, all with a new picture.  I hope to learn a lot about my camera and editing photos during the next month.


In crafting, I'm close to being done with the body of my Gemini, and I only have to hem my simple skirt!  The problem with hemming is that I really need someone else to help, so I think I may run by the fabric shop soon (or wait until Knit Night) and get some help.  It was a super simple and easy skirt, and I look forward to wearing it.  Or at least trying to! :)  It's a plain simple gathered waist skirt.  I may even get my mom to help on Saturday.  She's coming over to watch the kids for a bit, and after I get back, I might be able to talk her into helping me.


Have a great weekend!  What are your plans?

No comments: