Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Kick-off

Well, I made it through Blog Week, sort of.  Now, back to our regularly scheduled nonsense...

I'm still working on the Test Knit Cardigan, and the Hermione sock.  I'm not sure how I feel about the foot, as it is no longer in stripes like the leg.  If I were a better blogger with more time, I would have taken a picture of the foot for you.



In the end, I really rather like the swirl pattern of the stripes with the faint stitch pattern.  The foot is more pooled with the yellow and green on top, and the pink and purple coming up from around the bottom.  Oh, and FYI, the modified partridge heel on these socks looks really cool.

As for the cardigan, I'm trying to be really respectful to the designer and not post a bunch of pictures or talk about it too much.  I have a deadline of May 31st for it, and I've completed the waist shaping bit, so  now I have some straight knitting, then hip shaping, then bottom to complete, plus the sleeves, button bands and collar.  Then comes the fun of selecting the buttons.

I find myself growing weary of work.  Ever have those days?  All you really want to do is work on a project, sip a cuppa, curl up with your kids or hubby, and just relax?  I think I need a vacation, or a staycation.  I don't know that I want to go anywhere necessarily, but I just want to stay still for a bit.  Maybe some meditation today would be a good idea.

No comments: