Friday, May 17, 2013

Updates

It looks like there's been a lot going on, and yet, not really.  I blocked my Koguchi Shawl:



It was really late when I blocked it.  And, instead of wrapping up and loving it, I let my mother-in-law have it.


Sorry that the picture is a little dark - the light was fading, but she did a great job of modeling it for me.  Here are some of the pictures from Toccoa Falls last weekend:





Little Man took those pictures - he's quite the photographer.  I've been working on the test knit, and the Hermione socks.  I have one sock done, and I'm down to the collar on the cardigan.


It's knitting up beautifully.  Oh, I haven't shown you Christmas yarn yet.  Here's what I've got so far:



Let's see if I can remember all of it.  Clockwise from the top: Numma Numma in Cup of Joe, Squoosh in Cowboy Dreams, MadelineTosh in Home, Shibui Knits in Graphite, Sweet Georgia in Charcoal, and Numma Numma in Cupcake.  The center is of course, MadelineTosh in Rhubarb.  There are a couple that didn't make it in the picture: Tanis Fiber Arts in Chestnut, and MadelineTosh in Fathom.  Needless to say, I now have a lot of sock yarn sitting around.  It should all be gone by Christmas, but that's not the point.  I have stash - that's not stash. *grins*  That center sock in the picture above is complete, and #2 is cast on, and I'm working on it, albeit slowly.  Next up, socks for me.  I have 3 skeins for me.  One is destined for a pair of Monkey socks, one is destined for one of the lovely patterns my swap partner sent me, and I'm not sure about the third yet.  Perhaps a pair of Jaywalkers.  

I'm going to embark on another adventure: it's going to be back to the weight loss for me.  Due to some recent developments, hubby and I need to get back on track.  I found another gym to try, and it's time to start eating healthy again.  Those who know me, know that a couple of years ago, I lost a good bit of weight, just through diet and exercise.  Through all the rough times we've had over the past couple of years, it's all crept back on.  I've started walking at work 2-3 times a week, and I think I'm ready to pump it up a bit.  So, hopefully, I can start working out in the early mornings again, and then knit in the evenings.  I'll let you know the progress.  Or maybe, you'll be able to see it.

1 comment:

Beccy said...

I hadn't peeked at your blog for a while, and was surprised to see Toccoa Falls. Went to college there! :o). You do such beautiful work!