I have just had two major break-throughs in knitwear design.
First, a sweater gone wrong...I tried to wear the Soft Focus sweater from an old book, and it just wasn't working for me. I made the sweater by the pattern (a first for me, since I always wind up modifying it for some reason or another) and it worked, but it wasn't the best style for me. Since I made it, and it wasn't very flattering (note to self: boatneck sweaters don't look good on EVERYONE), I decided I could modify the neckline slightly, so it wouldn't be so open and causing bra-strap issues. Once I did that, the neckline then proceeded to thank me by strangling me. It was not happy. It is now in the frog pond. Luckily, my crafty brain refused to give up on the warm and soft sweater...and now, after it is frogged (frogging still not complete), it will have new life as a lovely sweater with a crew neck (more flattering to me, although V-neck would be best...the details of the sweater haven't been fully decided yet).
Second, TONS of leftover yarn from various and sundry projects. I will make an afghan; one to use in the living room with the couch that should be replaced this year (hopefully). I think I'm going to go with a miter-square pattern for it, and then sew the squares together. Either that, or I'll be doing just a striped pattern. I'm leaning mroe towards the mitered square concept.
Third problem without a solution currently: the mohair sweater. I haven't figured out yet what to do with this, but it needs to be frogged and possibly worked into something like the lacy pullover in the Knit Simple magazine. It looks lovely, and simple, but it will give all that yarn something to do.
Fourth problem: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino bag. I have approximately 10 lovely skeins, and I was going to do a sweater, one with a boat neck, but after the Soft Focus fiasco, it would be better served doing something else. I haven't quite thought of what yet, but there's still time.
I have other small stash yarns, and most of those will get used up in lovely scarves, shawls, or wraps. I also think I might have solved my problem of the 3 eyelash skeins! A swatch is needed to determine if the solution will truly work.
Oh, more big news! I finally have a computer that can handle the software for the digital camera, and the software and correct cord for said camera is now in my possession. Hopefully, this will mean pictures soon! I know...I keep promising, but hey, I can only do so much, because believe it or not, I AM only human!