Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Woot for Christmas!

Well, Christmas was nice. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but Christmas still turned out nicely. I am hoping to knit more this year, and make presents for everyone for Christmas. I like doing handmade gifts, if for no other reasons than 1) they are generally cheaper and 2) they are more personal. I have some really hard people to buy gifts for...what do you get a retired person who has everything they need and most of what they want? For some people, the gifts are easy...sometimes they even provide a list.

This next year, my goals are going to be to reduce my stash and get through at least level one of the master hand knitter's course. There are some things I'd love to make just for Christmas, and hopefully I will make those as well. Then there are projects that are stacking up faster than I can knit them. I'm hoping that one of these days I'll have a good balance between stash and projects. Right now, all the projects I'd like to do I don't have the yarn for, and what I do have the yarn for I don't really want to do. Sad, isn't it?! Maybe I can fix that this year, and focus on what I have, find projects for that, and then the projects that I'd like to do slowly work towards getting the yarn for that. At some point, I need to see what projects I have started and where they need to go (finish them or frog pond?). There are also things in the frog pond that need frogging...maybe this week I can frog stuff. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: