Thursday, December 29, 2005

I love this time of year

New Years are great. It's a time for a fresh start, a new beginning. This promises to be a great year.

This year will be a great year for knitting. There are already some projects forming in my head, and hopefully I can put them into action before the year gets too far gone. I'm planning to use up my stash and replace it with yummy stuff (KnitPicks here I come!).

I have to buy some yarn for a friend...she's having a boy, who undoubtedly needs his own blanket, since I made one for his sister. I'm trying to decide between green and blue, and I'm thinking green, just simply because blue is so overly done on little boys. His sister got a really cool afghan, the Baby I.Q. afghan. Sure, it's crocheted, but it was cool to do, and easy. Of course, doing 16 granny squares does kind of wear you out a little, and you get tired of doing them, but it was really cool once it was all put together. I think her little brother needs an elephant, and maybe a cool sweater as well. However, she STILL can't fit into hers, and I used the 12 month size. She'll be 2 in April. Oh well...I guess the pattern was a little big. At least she can wear it later.

No comments: