Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday

I am slowly starting to get it together on the weekends. It's going to take some time, but I'm getting there. I'm learning to ride the waves of energy and use them to my best advantage.

I finished blocking the first half of Backyard Leaves, and am about halfway done with the second half. I went looking through some knitting books at Borders this weekend, and have decided to start designing some with the yarn that is already in my stash. I can't afford to buy more, so the major project I want to do I can't start just yet. I've noticed that charts are an EASY way to plan something, so I'm going to chart things. I can write out the patterns as well, but sometimes to start, the chart is easier. I have some mohair that's screaming at me to do something with it, and I think I finally figured out what I want to do. I was going to make the Mohair Cowl Pullover sweater from Interweave Knits Winter 2004 magazine. However, it would require up-sizing, and the gauge isn't working right for me. So, back to the drawing board. I'll be tinkering around with some stuff, and perhaps I'll even be able to computerize it and post it for you to comment on. That would be cool, now, wouldn't it? I've got to learn more HTML in order to change things, so some things might be getting moved around a bit in the next few weeks. Spring gives me such a push of energy; I should use it while I can. =)

No comments: