Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Wednesday

Well, I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Monday was spent at work, and yesterday was work with an informational meeting at night. I also made yummy brownies.

As for the Backyard Leaves, I've finished the first half, and I've moved on to the second. I still need to wash and block the first half, and I hope to do that tonight. I also have plans to un-do my Soft Focus sweater and re-work the collar. I'm not too fond of the boat neck look, as it makes my shoulders look wider (they're wide enough without help, thanks). So, at some point, I will be taking out those seams, ripping the collar and neckline on the front and back, and reknitting the collar. It will also require me reseaming the whole thing, which, to tell the truth, I've been wanting to do anyway. See, when I first seamed it up and wore it, I left holes under the arms and in order to fix it, I just pulled a free end that I saw and patched the hole. That was not the brightest idea, since it made the sleeve seam to the body tighter. So I figure if I'm going to redo part of it, I might as well fix all the problems with it.

I liked the pattern and it was easy enough to follow, provided that I read it. I now need to find a pattern for 3 skeins of Plymouth Whisper that my AKSP sent me last month for my birthday. I haven't quite decided what to do with it. I was thinking a lovely shawl or wrap, something plain since it's varigated in bright colors (which I have grown to love in recent months - I think it's a love of spring showing through). I'm still considering a pattern for my Debbie Bliss cashmerino yarn. I was originally going to knit up Tempting, from the winter 2004 Knitty. However, off-the-shoulder isn't the best idea, since a good strapless bra is hard to find. I have 10 skeins of it, and 15-20 of two different yarns that I'm thinking of making sweaters out of. These other two are old, and I have never heard of them before. One's an alpaca/mohair blend in a mauvy color, and the other's a mohair blend in a varigated white/grey/yellow. I need to do some research on them and perhaps just create a pattern to suit me. That might be the best idea yet.

No comments: