Thursday, October 01, 2015

Rainy days

It has been raining for the past 3 or 4 days...I have lost count because the greyness has just be so continuous.  But today, today is different.  The sun is shining, the sky is a brilliant blue with a few puffy clouds, and it may actually dry out.  At least until the rain hits again.  Since it's been so rainy, I haven't taken any more pictures.  This has grown tremendously, though it's still not done:


It is now like this:



(in full disclosure, I did actually cast off last night, after this picture was taken, and adding just a couple more inches - it was already over the prescribed 72).  So, now all I have to manage is blocking it and adding fringe.  It curls something fierce, so blocking is a must.  I am still stuck on the birthday sweater, which is horrible, because it's now October, and her birthday was EARLY September.  I know - terrible me for still not finishing, and having Christmas knitting to do.  It's time to get busy, but I need peace and quiet to figure out the neckline, and that's rare in a house with 7 people.  How are your projects coming?

No comments: