Thursday, October 08, 2015

Moving along


This is actually easier than I thought.  I thought it would be much harder changing the flat-written pattern into an in-the-round one, but really, it's not.  The directions are making it WAY easier than I anticipated.  I had tried to use another pattern to re-write it, but once I really read through this one, there is no need for the other one.  You can see where I am - I'm still working on the shoulder decreases for the sleeve cap and armscye.  The rounds take a while, as there are a lot of stitches, but really, it's working out quite nicely.  Once I realized how easy the conversion was going to be, I'm sticking close to the pattern, but knitting freely (as in unfettered by worry).  I hope that by next week, this will be off the needles and on the Princess.  Then, it's time for some Christmas crafts.  I have a quilt that I plan on doing for my parents, and I already have the fabric washed and dried.  It's waiting to be pressed, cut and sewn.  It will be a large quilt, a queen size, but the top needs to get done quickly.  Then the back and I will need to pick up the batting for it.  Once I have all the pieces, it will be time to layer them and pin them.  Can I tell you I'm a bit worried about that?  However, I think I may have some help.  My mother-in-law, with whom I now live, has quilted before.  She may be able to help me pin it.  Once I get over the "this-is-so-scary-because-I've-never-done-this-before-and-haven't-seen-it-done" factor, I'm sure it will be fine.  I am hoping that my newly serviced machine will be up to the challenge.  If not, I think I can handle that too, as I have options.  I can either hand-quilt it (massive amount of time) or there are a few places I can take it to have it done.  In either case, I hope to have it wrapped up by the end of October.  November will be for a pair of crazy socks, that may get some knitting time here and there, as socks are easily transported.

No comments: