Friday, July 26, 2013

Setting up

Well, Christmas in July was wonderful.  If you didn't get a chance to come by, you missed a whole lot of fun!  There were great patterns, lots of laughs, fun people, and even cookies!  How can you not like cookies?!  It was terrific, and I think a lot of people were interested in the next part I'm about to share: we're doing a CAL at The Whole Nine Yarns.  We're using this pattern:


It's the Crochet Sampler Afghan by Marianne Forrestal.  It has 12 different blocks, plus a border.  Once you make all the squares, you block them, seam them up, and crochet the border around.  It's just a block a month, and they take hardly any time at all.  The pattern is free, the class is $10 and that includes the yarn!  You get an hour of help from me, and in an hour, you can easily do a whole square.  At least, I've done 2 squares in an hour (each) and so some of them can be completed.

I also completed the second sock of the second set of Hermione's Everyday Socks.


That means that this one is done.  There's one more Christmas present done.  So, I've started another one.  I picked this one:


It's Earl Grey by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  And I balled up this skein:


It's Shibui Knits in Charcoal.  Not exactly as exciting as the MadelineTosh, but it's turning out lovely already.  As a matter of fact, it kind of makes me want a pair.  Maybe after Christmas is all done.

It's not just knitting and crocheting that I've been working on either.  We've been looking into some new possibilities for our business.  It's definitely slow-going, but changes are needed, and sometimes it's difficult to turn the Titanic.  So, little by little, things are looking up.

No comments: