Friday, July 19, 2013

Fun Friday

So, I know I already posted this morning, but I’ve been kind of bored today, and so now I’m writing another post.  I’ve been scouting out some new patterns, and planning on completing some WIPs, but let’s face it, starting something new is always more fun!  Here are a few that I’ve found that I am itching to start:


Alchemilla Shawl

Have you see The Crochet Project?  Have you heard about it?  I’m completely loving this shawl – it’s based on a Hap shawl, which starts off as a big square in the middle, then works a lacy pattern around the outside.  This one is not unlike the Hap Blanket from Ysolda Teague, but it is crochet instead of knit.  It’s also worked in a fingering weight yarn, rather than a worsted weight, so it makes it like you’re NOT wearing a baby blanket.  C’mon – you know the only person who should ever wear a baby blanket is a BABY.  And then it’s less “wearing” and more “wrapped up in.”


Elijah

You know I’ve been working on an Elijah, right?  Just in case you didn’t know, I am.  I have plans to make 2 for Christmas for my lovely children.  Right after I stop sleeping to complete all the projects I want to make for Christmas.  Yet I digress.  Have you seen this?


Happypotamus

This is incredible – I love the use of motifs.  It’s worked in a sock yarn (fingering to DK weight) and a great way to use up scraps.  I really want to make 3 – one for each of my kids, one for a lovely girl whose mother is a dear that I know through The Whole Nine Yarns (link) and maybe even one for me! 


Tiramisu Baby Blanket

I know – another crochet project!  Isn’t it a lovely baby blanket though?  Just to be fair, I’ve had my eye on this one for a while too:


Big Bad Baby Blanket

I keep meaning to make this one, for someone I knew who had a baby last year, but I think it might get passed to someone else who’s about to have a baby (if it’s a girl – if not, I may have to rethink the yarn choice).   I’ve been adding some things here and there to my queue.  Some things are simple and easy – others are not.  What about you?  Have you been noticing anything fun on Ravelry lately?  Find any new great patterns out there?

No comments: