Friday, June 21, 2013

More to come

I always have lots of plans.  Some people think that's a type A personality trait - I think it's more of being prepared.

Remember this?


It really wasn't quite what I was hoping for as a skirt, so I decided to go with this:


Craftsy rocks.  I should have just been patient, and the plan would work out.  That's the joy of at least having a plan - you have a direction to go in and can change it.  I guess that's what separates me from the true type A personalities.  Changing the plan doesn't bother me.  For instance, this skirt was easy to take out.  The seams didn't take me long at all.  I think I'll like the length of the new skirt.  I had a friend at work measure me and I'm hoping to work on the A-line skirt a little bit here and there, and then I am going to use this pattern for a top:


I just have to find fabric for it.  You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a matching solid.  I'm also going to give these a try soon:


Little Man chose a lovely red poplin for his.  I'm really looking forward to sewing his pants.  This is my plan - work a little on each one (and knitting and crochet projects) and soon they will be done.  The hard part is finding time to work on all of them!  I've still got a Christmas in July pattern in the making, and should be able to whip that out in the next couple of weeks (I hope).  If all goes well, it shouldn't take too long.  I hope.

No comments: