Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Once again...

I am falling behind on blogging. Oh well, at least it's for a different reason. This time I've been busy with cleaning and getting my life off of hold and started again. I'm doing a fair job of it. I love that I don't take work home with me. I love that I can leave on time without an excuse. So, what have I been doing on the knitting front? Well, I'm about 10 rows shy of finishing my purple sweater (again-the neck was too wide and needed modifying). I'm almost done with one set of the Cigar gloves my brother wants, and I'm part-way through a sock. I had problems finding a sock pattern I like with self-striping yarn. I didn't want any patterns in the sock, since I thought it would be too busy-looking with the stripes. I want to finish both pair of socks (there's another one waiting to be started) by Christmas. We'll see if that's going to really be possible. I know I'll have time to knit over Thanksgiving, and maybe I can get 2 circular needles going on the second pair, and do both socks at once. I have a dilemma...the purple mohair sweater I finished I just don't love. I need to do something else with it. So, it's to the frogging pond for it. I'm thinking a lovely lace shawl would work wonders for it. I'm hoping I'll be able to find something that I absolutely LOVE for it...this one needs a lovely pattern. I'm actually thinking of doing what David did with the other part of this yarn.

Ok, here's the story. A friend of mine had two colors of mohair, the mauvy pink and a lovely turquoise. The turquoise went to David, a friend of hers who knits. The rest went to me, because I also knit. David made a lovely wrap with his, in a leaf pattern. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, and then I can wear it with many different things, and it won't itch like crazy. I did wash the sweater, and I'm still just not crazy about it. It's definitely in the frogging pond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Your posts were interesting reading. I
have a deer hunting equipment site. You can find everything about deer hunting equipment as well as info hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
Rod