Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best Christmas Ever

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I know I did - we had people a LOT over the 2 days (Monday and yesterday).  And the presents: mostly for the kids, and boy did they enjoy them.  Princess got a kitchen and jewelry and shoes (both play and useful shoes).  Little Man got Legos and science stuff and Mommy finally finished his star sweater.

All the Christmas gifts were well received - loved by all.  That was wonderful.  We had the old fashioned stockings for all our visitors, which included homemade apple butter and pumpkin butter.  I got a call this morning from one of the recipients saying he ate half the jar of apple butter this morning with some Whole Foods bread.

Then came my presents.  Can I tell you wonderful my husband is?  He not only bought me yarn (and a whole box of it) but he created a Ravelry account (dbrown73 - go say hi!) and researched antique spinning wheels for me, but HE BOUGHT ME ONE.  Yes, I got a BEAUTIFUL antique spinning wheel, that works and is mostly complete (the drive band is missing, like most, but easily replaced).  He really researched, asked around, checked out different models, learned about the parts, and then bought one.  The one he purchased was beautiful.  Sure, it might have some woodworm holes in it, and it's old (hence the ANTIQUE part), but it's beautiful.  I think her name is Betty, and I haven't tried her out yet, but I will.  Oh boy, will I ever.  I will definitely post pictures soon.  Here's what it kind of looks like:


No comments: