Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I can't believe it

You know, it really helps to TURN THE HEEL on a sock before you start the gusset.

Today has been full of minor setbacks like this. The sock had one - apparently it's easy to forget a step like turning a heel when doing a sock. It must be easy, because I did it. I could blame Knit Night, as this was where I reached the end of the heel flap last night, and immediately started working the gusset, missing the critical part of the heel turn. Now, I'm not a sock expert, but I've knit a few. I know the anatomy of a sock (did you know that there are 7 parts to a sock, or at least 7 major steps in sock making? Can you name them all?). But somehow last night, at Knit Night, I ignored one. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part to hurry up and get the sock done.

Work had a few minor setbacks, but they were all manageable. Today, there were a couple of other personal setbacks as well. But today, it didn't bother me. Those setbacks are less actual setbacks and more resets to spend more time to some other things. This is not always bad. Being able to take a step back and re-evaluate can be good, provided you want to re-evaluate. I happen to want to do this. I think of it as a rest period, which is good. We all need rest. And now it's time for me to get some more rest.

No comments: