Thursday, February 23, 2012

Changing

Things are changing. I finished the socks, and started the Bella Dress. It's a beautiful crocheted dress for Princess. It's in a lovely French Blue, and I found a great purple silk to go underneath it. After the trip to Whipstitch, I'm inspired to sew. I even cleaned off a table so I can set up my sewing machine. However, since sewing is less portable than crochet or knitting (notice I didn't say not portable), I'm going to have to take up some more crochet projects. I found some great ones though - Deep South Fibers has some terrific independent designers. Maybe one day, they'll publish one of mine. There are also some designs in the works, but after I get a few other things done. I also have a couple of repair projects. School starts back in a couple of weeks, so that will be yet another layer of complication.

On the side, I just have a question: why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the good, and exacerbate the bad? I mean, I understand when things are inconvenient, but seriously, if the good outweighs the bad, why focus on the bad?

Maybe next weekend I can sit down and sketch out a few ideas. I might be done with the Bella Dress and sew up the lining, then stitch it in. Cleaning also may happen.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

Is/are the person/people focusing on the bad -- knitters? Tea drinkers? Pet owners? Some people just don't remember the lessons of Thumper's mother in Bambi.

Angelfire212 said...

No, not bad knitters. I wish it were that simple. That's a matter of education. This has to do with actions and the rampant stupidity I deal with regularly. *sigh* One day, this too shall pass...