Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm not as dumb as I look

I figured out what was wrong with the swatch for Cromarty. I stopped by Cast On Cottage and got some very useful help yesterday. I talked with one of the women there, and I was doing almost everything correctly, but I was reading the chart backwards. Note to self: it helps to read the chart correctly in order for the end product to look right. Interestingly enough, if you read it backward, it doesn't even come out backward...just wrong. Go figure. So now it's right, and it looks MUCH better. Pictures later. I didn't do it last night (I was on a knitting roll and didn't want to stop) and I didn't have time this morning. I'll either get it this evening and post tomorrow or Friday. Maybe by then the swatch will be done. There hasn't been much progress on any other front this week. Of course, it's just Wednesday. Tonight promises to be productive in some fashion. We're having friends over tomorrow night for dinner and to see the house. Cleaning MUST be done!

No comments: