Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Figuring it out

I think I figured out the pattern for the KTC project I'm going to be working on. I spent part of today working on that. I'm also writing it down...technically, I'm writing it out before I get started, at least most of it.

I also decided to write down the baby cardigan sweater I'm working on. If I decide to finish it, that is. I still haven't made up my mind.

There's lots of creativity going on in my head, and not all of it is in knitting. I remember a recipe from college that was FABULOUS...and I emailed for the recipe. They can't find it. So, I'm going to try and recreate it to the best of my memory. If you're lucky, I'll post that as well. It's a semi-original recipe. I haven't seen another like it, and believe me, I've looked. I can't say I've exhausted every resource, but most of the websites I've looked at haven't come close to this recipe. I remember watching the chef prepare it once (it was actually a vegan meal prepared fresh) and I'm hoping I have remembered all the main ingredients. I think I might bake cookies this weekend, and a cheesecake, for the office (but the cheesecake stays home). We'll see what happens.

It's been a crazy week. Tuesday morning, my grandfather had a stroke, and was hospitalized. He's stable, but they're not sure what his prognosis will be just yet. They're going to keep him sedated for a couple of days, and let his body heal as much as possible, and then see what damage has been done. On the bright side, he can't get any worse (without another stroke), and he could get up to 90% better. We're hoping for close to 90%. Thoughts and prayers are welcomed with open hearts.

No comments: