Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ravelry

I looked at my project page in Ravelry, and realized how little is there.  I have documented most of my projects here, but I have not added the projects to Ravelry.   I think that will be something to fix this year.  I have plenty of pictures and I should be able to reconstruct some times based on my posts.  Going forward though, I plan on keeping that page more updated to keep tabs on things.

To be honest, in a lot of ways, it feels like double work.  It probably is, to a certain extent, but I also recognize the value of it.  If I don't add my projects there, then people (like me) who look for things, may not find for what they are searching.  Or see how a pattern has been modified.  Or who knows what else.  It also leaves documentation, in one place, in an organized fashion (of sorts) of my own work, so I can review it and see if I modified something previously, and how, and if I would do it again.  

These days, I am a bit schizophrenic about my crafting.  I am jumping from project to project, not settling on any one particular thing.  I have so much that I want to accomplish, and yet I flit from thing to thing.  I finished the body of Little Man's second blue sweater.  I am working on the tail still for his dragon.  I started a sweater for myself, and I am working on a pair of socks for me too.  Then there is the quilt that I started last year, and although I have cut out several blocks, none are completely sewn.  I have messy bun hats for Etsy to crochet (which is a whole other set of issues), two sweaters for each of the Princesses, toys for them as well, Iced to finish for myself, and at least one other cardigan to make for me, and the Master Crocheter's course to finish.  With everything else (like cleaning, cooking, and homeschooling), it's a wonder I can remember my name.  But, I find that being busy is good for me.  And since there are no real deadlines for these items (other than the birthday things), there isn't any real stress.  Don't get me wrong - I want it all completed now.  I wish I could knit while I sleep (wouldn't that be great?!  All those projects completed in a fraction of awake time!), but for now those things will just have to be worked on bit by bit.  I am thankful that I have the ability to do them, even if they don't get made as fast as I would like.

No comments: