Monday, February 22, 2016

Not as often as I'd like

I seem to be having trouble finding time to knit these days.  I'm not sure what has changed, other than I think I've knocked it down on my priorities list.  Here are the current in progress items:


This is the toe-up sock pattern, Back to Basics.  The yarn is from a past project, Gentleman Socks, that I made for my brother.  I bought 2 skeins, afraid that because his feet are large I'd need extra.  I didn't, and actually had plenty for the majority of what you see knit left over.  I have barely started on the second skein.


This yarn is wonderful, but for some reason, it keeps breaking.  I believe it's Malabrigo, in Indicieta.  The pattern is Dragonfly Rib Socks, but I didn't purchase it - it was gifted to me as a print pattern.  And I can't find my copy of it.  So, if I want to make the second one, I either have to search through a ton of boxes, or reverse engineer it.  I can figure out the toe, and I know the pattern, but I just have to deal with the heel.  Mine looks pretty good, and I started this way back in the day, so it had to have been fairly easy.


This is my cardigan that I finally picked and started.  I wasn't sure which one I wanted to knit, remember?  But I decided, after one cold bitter evening out, to knit Iced.  There are some modifications going on, as I don't have a size 11 cable needle.  I'm using 10.5s, and I also have to make it bigger.  So, the math is available for me to do, and I'm working on it as I go.  Fortunately, as it's a cardigan, if it's a bit big, that's a good thing.  I haven't split for the arms yet, and I'm not done with the increases.  It seems to be working out so far though.  Any late Winter knitting going on for you?

No comments: