Friday, January 24, 2014

Still Sick

I'm still sick - but getting better.  It's amazing how hard a cold can hit you when you're pregnant, and the weather goes from being 60 to being 20 in a matter of 2-3 days.  The camera is still missing - I have no idea to where it disappeared.  I finished knitting and seaming the slippers - now I just have to felt them.  They are incredibly easy to knit, and the seaming is easy, if you can pay attention to it.  Now, I'm deciding between starting my socks, or starting a sweater for Princess.  My goal for January would tell me to do my socks, and I think I will start them tonight, unless Downton Abbey distracts me.


Hubby bought me Seasons 1-4 for Christmas.  We're up to about the middle of Season 3 - no spoilers please!  I already know more than I want to about what happens in Season 3, and I don't want to know what happens in Season 4 until I watch it!  Speaking of Christmas presents, I also received this:



It's amazing to see what actually happens on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.  Barbara Parry breaks it down by season, and goes into detail about all the good, bad, and ugly of owning a sheep farm.  It's very informative about sheep and the life of a shepherd.  I highly recommend it if you've thought about owning even just one sheep or are curious about what it would take to own one.  It's also a great resource about some types of sheep and some great modifications modern farms need.  What have you been up to recently?

No comments: