Friday, May 11, 2012

I *HEART* Crochet

I am loving crochet these days.  I am lining the Bella Dress tomorrow night; I had to call in reinforcements.  My mother is coming over tomorrow to help sew it up.  I should probably block the dress first though.  I guess I'll be doing that in the morning.

I've been making sketches of some pattern ideas, and I think next week I can get started working on the samples.  They should be pretty little things.  The joy of crochet is that it is fairly quick, if you know what you're doing.  I have a drawing, which should make the crochet a little faster.  I've crocheted things before without a sketch, just off the top of my head, but it takes a lot more concentration and focus that I have recently.

This weekend will be completing a vest for a friend's mom.  It shouldn't take that long, but again, takes concentration.  Here's a picture of the pattern:

It's Ann Norling's pattern #27, in case you were wondering.  She wrote it for multiple stitch counts, so you can make each view based on the type of yarn you're using.  If you use a worsted weight, fingering, etc., all you have to know is the number of stitches per inch.  If you know your gauge (there's a word we hear often enough as knitters), you don't have to do anything but follow the directions for that gauge.  I think it's a cool way of writing patterns; it makes substituting yarn far easier than doing all the calculations yourself.  These days, I'm all about ease too.  

Hopefully, the dress will be done on Friday, and Sunday when Princess wears it (yes, I made my daughter a dress for Mother's Day - it's a mother's prerogative), I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.  

No comments: