Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Once Again...

It's time for another quick update! So, I almost finished the Little Red Riding Cowl, but found I was about 10 yards short. So, I have to wait. I hate to wait. While I'm waiting, I started something else. I started the Flowers Head to Toe pattern by Francine Toukou. What can I say, I love quick and easy projects right now, and hers fit the bill. Crochet actually fits my mood right now. I feel like I'm running constantly, although that's probably just today, and I need something fast to relax and see progress. Knitting is more of a "slow down" type of craft. Crochet is a "hurry up" kind of craft, usually. There are crochet projects that seem to go on forever - like afghans. However, when you do accessories and fun stuff, it goes really fast...like 2 hours and a project's done fast.

I've also been eyeing sewing recently. I pre-ordered the new Stitch magazine from Interweave. I like what I see so far. I just got it today in the mail, and I can't wait to look through it all thoroughly.

Today I've been running since early this morning. I actually slept in a little, and was supposed to be at one of the facilities from work for a tour at 9. I was there at 10. Google map directions aren't all they are cracked up to be, and I don't have a GPS. I know, I'm behind the times in that regard. I finally had to get a new cell phone today because my old one died. Hence the running part - I was late for the tour, finally made it but couldn't call anyone to let them know I was okay, went on the tour, went to lunch, went to work, got off work, went to Michael's (they were having a sale on ribbon, and I needed ribbon), went to get a new phone, went to get dinner, went home...are you seeing a theme? I am - I need to stop. But, there are miles to go before I sleep. I have a web conference for a class, and a discussion question I need to answer tonight as well. It's going to be a long one. I hope to multi-task during the web conference. Let's hope it all goes well.

No comments: