Sunday, January 01, 2012

Post Christmas and New Years

Remember this?


Well, here is the recipient enjoying it:


Sorry for the bad shot, but you can tell she's excited. And these:
were met with joy as well:


The other two handmade gifts were also met with warm receptions, but I didn't capture those on film. I just took pictures before the gifts were wrapped.

The top picture is Kid Silk Creation, crocheted scarf (pattern on the label). The bottom is the Triplicity shawlette from Skacel's knit-a-long on Knit Purl's website. All the gifts were fairly easy and fast. I didn't get to make a couple of others I wanted to make, but I think this next year, I'll make one here and one there, and then by the time Christmas comes around, there won't be a rush. The Yarn Harlot this year did the same thing, and it turned out pretty good for her. There wasn't a huge rush to buy gifts or make them, because pre-planning happened. That's the goal for this year. It's New Year's, so that's my resolution. Pre-planning. It's a good resolution, right? I have some other plans in progress, and am really excited about them. When the time is right, I will announce the plans here, but for now, just let me say that they are BIG and exciting. You'll like it when I tell you.

No comments: