Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Coming together

I have almost finished the Littlest Princess's first sweater for her birthday.  She is growing so fast!  I had to make a 4t just to make sure she can wear it in the fall!  I made it from Cascade Eco Plus, and because of it's size and the nature of working a chunky yarn on large needles.  There is still another one for her to be made, and that one will take longer, as it is in a worsted weight on slightly smaller needles, but it should still work up fairly quickly.  She has made it known that she would like a pink zebra, and a purple zebra.  She is a riot.  I will see what I can make up, although I am still not finished with the dragon.

These things take time.  I need some concentration and some fortitude.  I don't know when I will have either at the same time, but it should be soon.  I also have some plans to work on for this month.  I find that if I can get a goal set, work out logical and reasonable steps for that goal, then I can usually reach it.  I need a good planner too, which would help.  I used to use a paper one all the time - it was like my right hand.  I was never without it.  Since those days, it has been a bit harder for me to be quite so organized and together.  I have tried several different planners: cheap ones, expensive ones, free ones, ones I've made...and still I haven't found one that works quite as well as that one did back in the day.  I think one of the major helps was that I carried it in my purse.  I now don't carry a purse all the time (I don't go to work daily) so I don't use it as I should.  I hope to get a few things organized and maybe I can find a place to put it so I can see it all the time.  It's harder to do that when you don't live in your own house.  How do you stay organized?  Any planners I should check out?

No comments: