Monday, May 02, 2016

What a difference


This morning has been rather productive, all things considered.  My crafting life has been less so over the past couple of weeks.  I focused on reading, rather than crafting, in an effort to make progress toward my GoodReads goal of 20 books this year.  I failed.  I started 2 more books, but didn't finish any.  I tried, I really did.

This sweater is closer to being completed than in this picture:


I have finished the front and back, and one sleeve.  It would have two sleeves, but the first one was a bit small.  I followed the directions exactly as written, and there was zero ease.  As in "it pulled the neckline of the sweater" no ease.  So, when I started the second sleeve, I added two stitches, and it is amazing what a difference 2 little stitches can make.  It went from "suction cup" tight to "comfortably close."  This is a lesson for not just knitting, but life as well.  It may not seem like much, but a small step or two can make a big difference.  Just one choice can start you down a path of big changes.  


This still sits in a holding pattern.  As I started outlining the letters, the curved portions of the letters were looking a bit thin,  So, I started filling them in.  This takes more time.  I hope to show you a more complete Tigger by the end of the week.  I am learning to stop quitting things.  I have to be mindful about working on something, and I think that's everyone.  Some people just have it down as more of a routine.  I'm still working on that.  What's new for you?

No comments: