Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pressing forward

This


has become this:


I still have a couple of inches to go, but it's coming along nicely.  I am hoping to get to the split part of the body by the weekend, which is rather optimistic.  I still think I'm making great progress, and will have this sweater done for the middle of next month.  I have been alternating between this and this:


I read the first one last year, and watched the first season (it was a Christmas gift) and I have been looking for this book ever since.  I was able to find it at the local library, and I hope to finish it in the next 2 weeks.  I haven't read as much as I hoped so far, but I will be able to finish it soon.  I have a goal of reading 20 books this year, and I am not including children's books in that.  I have finished one, The Great Gatsby, so far.  I am surprised that I had never read it.  I have two other books that I have started.  One is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and the other is Written in My Own Heart's Blood.  I received the first for a Christmas gift, and the second we got because it's written by one of our favorite authors.  I say "we" because my husband loves to read, and enjoys Diana Gabaldon as much as I do.

Unfortunately, he's been struggling with his eye sight the past few months.  Before we moved, he was told during a routine eye exam that he had small cataracts.  He thinks they have gotten worse rather quickly, but until he can get an appointment, we won't know for sure.  The problem with getting an appointment is insurance.  Our new vision insurance will start in May, and we have to pay for it all on our own.  This doesn't sound like a terrible thing, and it might not be, if he weren't working a $10/hour job while I stayed at home.  Insurance is only one of the many obstacles we are overcoming with this flip in lifestyle.  Fortunately, good friends and family help facing these obstacles a little less daunting, just by being there and supporting us.  God is still good, all the time and all the time, God is good.  He has blessed us in many ways, and even though we struggle and have problems and get frustrated, we know that "all things work together for the glory of God."  When you change your perspective, it doesn't change your circumstances, but it does change your reaction to them.  Sometimes that's all you need - a change in perspective.  Have you had one lately?  Please share.

No comments: