Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm still here - are you?

Ugh - it's rough starting a new job.  You never know what to expect (lack of computer access, orientation, impromptu training, traffic) and there's always an adjustment time.  So far, though, so good.  I'm still working on a schedule, and hopefully things will get back to normal.

Oatmeal is still in progress.  I was so good - I did all the math, calculated everything, figured out all the rows and number of stitches for short rows and increases and decreases...and then I put in the short rows on the back.  It's actually quite humorous, and as soon as I can, I'll take a picture of my backwards sweater.  But at least it's not too big under the arms anymore!  I would just go on with it, but unfortunately, the back is higher at the neck than the front, and it's just not feasible.  *sigh* Once more with feeling.
From this...

To this...
 My skirt is STILL not hemmed.  I was planning on having hubby help with that, and with the last job ending and the new one beginning, I just haven't had the energy.  Soon though, and I hope to add another sewing project or two to the list.

Still just pinned
Gemini is still waiting for me to frog her and restart.  Dang not starting with a GAUGE SWATCH.  

Gemini by Jane Richmond

I still want to get to my Owls sweater.  The buttons and the yarn are waiting for me, BUT, I want to finish Oatmeal first and at least take out some of Gemini.  I may wait until this summer to make Owls (like during the Luvinthemommyhood Summer Sweater Knit-a-long).  And yes, Virginia, there really will be a gauge swatch.
Owls by Kate Davies
 Of course, since the large projects aren't going so well, I of course started another project.  I found a cute pattern I had from Ysolda Teague, and after a long weekend with my family, I couldn't resist.

Mousie by Ysolda Teague
Mine is brown, but I'm thinking of making a grey one as well for my new desk.  My new desk is lovely and large and now clean (since I had no computer access yesterday, I cleaned and set up a few things).  I have lots of desktop space, and I'm thinking of a lovely Zen-type place on it where I can keep all kinds of happy things.  This mouse would be one of them.  Don't you think?  So, what's on your desk?  Is it cluttered over with paper (like mine used to be), or do you have a nice clean desk?  What are some of your favorite things to gaze at on it for inspiration?

No comments: