Monday, February 11, 2013

A week in pictures

So, I can tell you that I did not take one of these each day - there were a couple of days when I didn't take any, and some days when I took more than one.  But, I'm learning more about good photos.  At least I think I am.

Homemade Bread

Treasures from Knit Night

Breakfast - yum!

A great goal for all mothers and wives

My precious Little Man

Would you believe - yarn? :)

Saturday's Lunch - homemade lasagna

Dessert for Valentine's Day
I have been knitting, and crocheting, but I'm having such fun playing around with some other pictures, I have been lazy and haven't taken any of the work I've been doing.  I've also been extremely tired, and trying to wrap up my current job so I can start my new one on the 25th.  It sounds easy enough, but I have lots of training to do, and even though this place has not been my favorite, I have learned several things from there.  One of the big ones is how to pull a lot of stuff from a lot of different places together and clean it up and streamline it.  But enough about that, here are my goals for this coming month:

  1. Finish my Oatmeal Sweater.  I have a good start on it, and I just need to keep going.  I added several inches (negative ease is NOT my friend) and so I want it to be a big comfy sweater.  
  2. Finish my simple skirt.  My mom suggested cutting off 6 inches, then turning it up about 6 more, to see if that's where I really want it, and then cutting off another 5, and adding a 2 inch hem.  I'm just not happy with that solution.  I think tomorrow night, it's going over to Sew Main Street with me, and I'm going to see if one of the lovely ladies there will help me tack it up so it will be even and I'll know where to cut it.
  3. Work on my sporran for my spoilee in the Outlander group on Ravelry.  I have some ideas for her; I just need to get them all together and pack them up.
  4. File our taxes.  It's not like we're going to owe - I'm just lazy.  I always think it's going to take more time than it actually does.  It never really takes me long and yet I always delay it.  It's not like I don't like to do it either - I actually like filling in all the blanks and filing.  I'm just lazy.
  5. Finish my purse, and possibly start another.  I really just want to sew some more, and I have a couple of embroidery items to make.  I'm trying to be as fearless in sewing as I am in knitting and crocheting.  I'm just not there yet.
I think for the next month, that's enough goals.  What are your goals?  Have anything you're working towards?  This is the year for change, so let's make it positive change!

No comments: