Monday, November 28, 2011

Finding Relief

I have a million things to do. There is a group project I have to start, Christmas knitting to finish, Christmas knitting to start, cleaning to do, packing up toys, decorating for Christmas, and a zillion other things that I should do other than blog. Yet, here I am. Why? Maybe because today was a rough day for me.

You see, I have a job that, well, I just don't care for. I really don't like it; I would even go so far as to say I hate my job. Hate is a strong word for me, really. But this is the kind of job where everyday, I am tempted to quit. Just walk out, never to return. It never gets any better, although I can't say it ever gets any worse really, and it's a constant wearing on one's soul. I try to leave it at work, I really do. I want to have family time at home, and not be bothered with the trifles at work. However, this job does not let me do that. It follows me, like a gremlin, lurking behind doors and around corners, just waiting for me to let down my guard. That's my job - a gremlin. It consistently knocks down any attempt I have to get ahead, and once I do get a little ahead, I fall behind in something else. It's never ending. I used to think I disliked accounting - I really don't. I would gladly take a regular accounting job now. This is not the direction I want to go in my career, and I am stuck.

I find solace in blogging. This allows me an outlet, an escape. I have never wanted to quit a job so badly in my life, and yet I keep going. Just for a little while longer...until...I win the lottery. I guess in order to do that, I'd have to play. I am almost finished with one Christmas present - buttons have to be sewn on and a ribbon run through it, and then it's done. That will be two down. Since the knitting part of this one is finished, I count it as done. All the better for me. Now, I have just two, possibly three more gifts to make.

I'm starting earlier next year, and everyone's getting something handmade.

No comments: