Friday, November 04, 2011

Crazy Christmas Crafts

I was going for alliteration in the title - it should be just knitting. I've been so busy knitting the past 2 weeks, it's not even funny. I haven't even been knitting for all the gifts either. I've been working on these:


And I had to write the pattern and knit one sock for the Sock Guild at The Whole Nine Yarns. Aren't they lovely? I didn't get a chance to take a picture before I had to give the sock to the guild, but I'm sure I can get a picture soon. Isn't it wonderful now that I have a decent camera again?

There are so many things to knit now. I'm finishing this shawl from Knit Purl Hunter; I just have to finish the edging. I'm also starting this project:

This will be several hand-knit gifts this year. I also have 2 pair of socks to make: one will probably be plain (the color alone might give the recipient a reason to complain, so we won't add a pattern into the mix), and the other one is this:

I thought these were quite nice men's socks - my only complaint is the yarn I have to make them in. It's Online Sock yarn, and I have to say it isn't as nice as other sock yarns. It's a little rougher on my hands than I'd really like, and it seems to be a little thinner. I'll finish the first sock hopefully soon and post a picture of that one for you to see.

As for Christmas, while I truly believe in looking forward to the wonderful celebration that it is, let's not forget the holiday this month: Thanksgiving. It is a time to give thanks for our blessings. Even if things aren't going as well as you hoped, or things look really bad, or you just feel like things can't get any worse, just remember: you are blessed with life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness (at least in this country - others, I'm not familiar with your constitution if you have one so I can't speak to that). Some don't even have that. There is more than likely a roof over your head, food in your house, shoes on your feet (if you're wearing them right not, or at least shoes to put ON your feet if you're not) and obviously electricity to read this. You have some sort of education because you are reading this. There is always something to be thankful for, and we should remember that.



No comments: